Opting to have your bathroom refitted is an absolutely huge decision for you and your home. There are plenty of reasons as to why people would want to undergo bathroom refurbishment.
For example, some of us want to increase the price of our home, whilst others just want to have a brand new room to enjoy.
Whatever your reason for having a bathroom refitted though, you want to be sure that you have the best possible bathroom installers working on the job. That is what I want to take a look at on this page. I want to run you through how you can find the best companies for bathroom installation in London (and beyond for that matter!).
So why do you need to take the time to find the right bathroom installers?
Well, there are a couple of reasons for this. Perhaps the main reason is because you want to be sure that they are going to be able to carry out the job effectively. I am going to be honest with you here. Bathroom refurbishment is a tough job. In fact, any sort of refurbishment is difficult in the construction industry. Despite this, there is no formal qualification to do the job. Pretty much anybody could wake up and decide to get together with their friends and call themselves bathroom installers. This means that you are NOT going to have a good job carried out on your home. In fact, it is quite frankly going to be awful. If an awful job is carried out then not only are you going to have to pay for the original bathroom installers (who by now would have run off with your money leaving an incomplete job) but you are also going to need to pay for some new bathroom installers to get everything in gear for you. This is why it is vital that you take the time to find the right company for bathroom installation in London.
It doesn’t just end here either. Companies have different specialities when it comes to production and fitting your bathroom. For example, some companies may be fantastic at getting your bathroom looking a bit more modern, whereas they would not be good if you are going for a traditional style. Part of this is down to the skills that they have, and part of it is down to the stuff that they can source from their suppliers.
You also want to know that you can trust the company carrying out your bathroom refurbishment. After all, if you can’t trust them, do you really want them working on your property? Sometimes they will be doing it on their own with nobody else inside of it! It doesn’t matter how good they are. If you can’t trust them then you DO NOT want them working on your property. That is a fact.
Finally, price is going to be a determining factor and a major reason as to why people will take the time to look around and find the right company for them. Do not let price be the only factor in the decision though. If one company has a price which is wildly cheaper than any other companies then you are going to have to question yourself and ask why they are that cheap.
The most popular ways to find professional bathroom installers
Ok, so brilliant. You now know the reasons about why you need to find the perfect bathroom installers for the job. What now? Well, it is time to find the companies. There are a number of ways that you can go about this but before we get into it please read our article to find out if you in fact need a bathroom installation specialist or a handyman. Back to our subject, please find below the most common ways to find the bathroom installers:
- Carry out a Google search. A quick Google search will throw up tons of companies that you could possibly work with. The benefit of searching online is that you are going to be able to view a couple of reviews for that company as well. This is going to make the decision process a lot easier.
- You could ask your friends and family. Have they had any bathroom restoration carried out recently?
- Yellow Pages! Yes, that big yellow book that lands on your doorstep every single year does have a lot more use than a short person having to stand on it to kiss their taller partner. It is easy to browse through and find companies to work with. You may come up with more companies than a Google search (very few bathroom refurbishment companies in London are online at the moment)
- Trade websites which allow you to search for companies in your local area and find out various reviews about the services that they offer.
- Professional Magazines. You should be able to pick up magazines related to the industry from stores such as WH Smiths. They are expensive though, so if you can get away with it, have a quick flick through and make some notes.
- Local Trade Union: This is brilliant for finding a company that is reputable. Only the most reputable companies stay members of their trade union. A quick Google search should find one in your local area.
- Do you live in London? Do you want to make your dream bathroom a reality? Get in touch with us via Contact Us form and we’ll be more than happy to help!
By this point you should have found a couple of companies that you want to work with. This is great! However, you don’t just want to choose them straight away. You are going to want to interview them. You want to know that you have a good rapport with the company. If you don’t then you will find it incredibly hard to trust them.
During your interview you are going to want to find out things such as the price they charge, the work they have done in the past, and perhaps any ideas they have for your bathroom. DO NOT let them sway you towards their ideas. This is not good. This is your bathroom so you want it to be built to what you want. Do take on board their suggestions though. I suggest that you interview a few bathroom installers for the job. This way you can make a decision about which one will be brilliant to work with and who you should avoid.